While St. X and Trinity lay claim to the sports studs in the Ville, it was Flaget that many remember as the kick-ass Catholic boys school in town.
Flaget High won its first championship, the Louisville city golf championship, in 1945. Then followed that up with a state basketball title in 1960 and track in 1961. But it was its football program that most remember.
- State champs in 49, 52, 58, 61, 67, and 71.
- Paul Hornug? Flaget.
- Howard Schnellenberger? Flaget.
- So did Darryl Drake, who played WR @ WKU from '75-'78, then in the NFL for the Redskins and Bengals and NFL WR coach for the Cardinals and Bears.
• 100% ring-spun cotton (heather colors contain polyester)
• Baby-knit jersey
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Cover stitched and hemmed sleeves