While St. X and Trinity lay claim to the sports studs in the Ville, it was Flaget that many remember as the cool Catholic boys' school in town.
Flaget High won its first championship, the Louisville city golf championship, in 1945. Then followed that up with a state basketball title in 1960 and track in 1961. But it was its football program that most remember.
- State champs in 49, 52, 58, 61, 67, and 71.
- Paul Hornung? Flaget.
- Howard Schnellenberger? Flaget.
- So did Darryl Drake, who played WR @ WKU from '75-'78, then in the NFL for the Redskins and Bengals and NFL WR coach for the Cardinals and Bears.
• 100% ring-spun cotton (heather colors contain polyester)
• Baby-knit jersey
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Cover stitched and hemmed sleeves